Money Saving Tips for your Wedding
Having your dream wedding does not have to cost you an arm and a leg. Here are several areas where you can save a lot of money!
1) If you’re opting for a Do-It-Yourself Wedding, make you shop around and don’t mention the word ”Wedding”. Every time someone hears the word ‘Wedding’, the price magically tripples. This goes for flowers too. But when it comes to travel and hotel arrangements, mentioning ‘honeymoon’ or wedding can get you great group discounts.
2) Make your own stationary and gifts. Buying your own picture frames at a discount store and adding your own touch is a great idea to save money. There great make it yourself stationary kits for wedding invitations or wedding placement cards you can make yourself.
3) Skip out on the expensive professional photographer. Maybe you have a friend that likes taking pictures or even someone who does this on the side. It doesn’t hurt to try to ask for their services on your wedding day. Or maybe lay around disposable cameras and collect the photos at the end of the evening. Digital cameras are very popular these days. Combine that with the Internet and you’re sure to grab all the pictures from all the guests at your wedding.
4) Don’t be afraid to trim your invitation list! Acquaintances, co-workers, relatives you barely know, friends you just met, your bartender….Only ask those that you really really want to share your big day with.
5) If you’re planning a destination wedding, it doesn’t hurt to travel during off peak season and holidays. You will save a bunch of money for yourself and your guests on flights and accommodations.
6) Save more money on having your Wedding on an off day. Saturday Weddings are the most popular, but if you’re on a budget, venues typically have better deals on the the other days in the week.
7) Skip the tiered wedding cake and offer cupcakes instead. Cupcakes are not only delcious, bakers these days are getting really creative in making them look fancy. Or perhaps you can even try baking them yourself!