Pros and Cons of a Destination Wedding
Is a Destination Wedding right for us? Many newly engaged couples come across this question when planning their dream wedding. There are so many great destination wedding locations like Bali, Mexico,Caribbeans, Europe, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic and so much more! If you are considering a wedding abroad as an option, the following are just some things to ponder about and discuss before you make up your mind. Here are couple of Pros and Cons of a Destination Wedding:
- Destination Weddings are usually very cost efficient way of getting married because not only do you have your wedding, you also have your honeymoon right in the same place!
- Many resorts throw in great value wedding packages – or will even throw in a free wedding with all the trimmings if you and your guests are planning to stay for a said number of days.
- If you are planning for a small scale event like just the two of you, or very close family and friends, you can save a lot money. It’s a vacation, wedding, and honeymoon all in one! Fun for everyone.
- You can avoid the inevitable pressure to invite dozens of relations you hardly know, business colleagues, or all the people you feel obliged to invite but don’t really want at your wedding.
- Total control of your Destination Wedding plans with be back in your hands and not pressures or taken over by certain family members.
- Sometimes going abroad just keeps it simple.
- Your wedding day will be over in the blink of an eye but if you plan to have a destination wedding, you will get at least a couple of days or more to socalize and enjoy your time with loved ones.
- A Destination Wedding is a great opportunity for people who have friends and guests from all over the world. Sharing quality time with loved ones from all walks of life in a new and exciting place is fun for catching up on each other’s lives.
- Destination Weddings can get very pricy fast if you don’t plan accordingly.
- You may save money by having your wedding abroad, but you are putting additional expenses on guests who decide to travel to your event.
- You are also putting addition work on guests who need to request days off from work and plan their travel needs.
- Additional expenses may incur if you want to travel to that venue prior to your Wedding to check out the facilities.
- There’s a great deal of legalities and paperwork you need to be aware of when having a Destination Wedding. This may cause you additional stress.
- Additional stress is inevitable if you are spending more time on the little details of your guest’s travel arrangements and accommodations.
- You might have to deal with a situation where you want close family or friends to join you in your celebration, but cannot because they cannot afford to come. Even worse, you might have to fork up extra cash for them to come!
For more tips & advice, you can always contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!